Following a number of succesful first events of our network, we would like to give you a preview of some coming events and we would like to inform you about an enhanced co-operation with an existing VR and Police working group.
On the 31th of MAY and 1st of June 2023 in Edinburgh we will organise our 5th event and second VRPN seminar in co-operation with SMARTEU, the Scottish Multi-disciplinary resilience training organisation (program in attachement). The title of the event is: Multi-disciplinary training in VR.
Together with VR provider HOLOGATE we will try-out the compact VR system with Unreal engine 5.0 for police, firefighters and medical first responders.
OVERVIEW OF FIRST 4 VRPN EVENTS
- On the 25th of APRIL 2023 the VRPN presented itself in Brussels in a seminar organised by the national institute of Road safety and IUNGOS the umbrella organisation of the safety and security sector in Belgium. The Innovation lab activity had as title: How to unlock VR/AR in public safty training? There was a high participation of police organisations in the event and our presentation of our work within the network was welcomed positively. The VR company One Bonsai (Leuven –BE) was also a presenter in this event.
- On the 26th of APRIL 2023 the VRPN organised a first succesful own event at the GPEC-DIGITAL in Frankfurt. Not only did we present our network to a wider audience of police and security organisations in a police exhibition where over 150 stand holders were visited by over 2000 visitors. But we also organised a seminar in co-operation with 3 VR producers, namely: RAMROD (Hamburg), HOLOGATE (Munich) and REFENSE (Switserland) and 35 participants. The feedback we received from our participants was very helpful. They were pleased to receive very practical tools and information and they stated that these events are a big help for their police organisation on their way towards the future.
- On the 6th of MAY 2023 SHOTPROS and the VRPN were invited by DG HOME to do a demo and to organise try-outs for visitors of the Open door days of the European Union. Close to 10.000 visitors passed by our stand and many people from all corners of Europe, many of them young people, learned about our SHOTPROS project and the RELiON VR company (Enschede -NL) who has made it possible to do try-outs in a VR environment.
- On the 12th of MAY 2023 Campus VESTA and VRPN organised an eFAIR and joint activity with two EU projects eNotice and PROACTIVE on the use of new technologies (including XR/MR/VR) in relation to the network of CBRNe trainings centers Campus VESTA is bulding. The following companies and Projects took part: Med1stMR, Medical X (use of MR for more efficient training of medical first responders)/ Propus (evaluation app) / Safety companies Ouvry, Van de Putte, TMS, LDII, AIRSENSE and VR/XR companies XVR, One Bonsai and VRTS
- From 21 to 24 August 2023 In Vienna VRPN will be organising together with SIAK (Sicherheits Akademie Österreich) a working week with lots of interesting workshops on VR/XR use in Policing. Included you will find an invitation, a draft program and a registration form. The registration deadline has been extended, please do show your interest soon.
CO-OPERATION WITH XR WORKING GROUP
In the past months VRPN has fruitful meetings with a working group on XR and Police that existed already a number of years and is lead by Christoph Altmann (Zürich Police), Ron Maringer (SIAK) and Martin Grüner (Polizei Akademie Rheinland Phalz). This mostly German speaking group is seeking co-operation with VRPN and togteher we can work on organisig more events and extending the digital library they are building. In the upcoming time we will together also meet EUROPOL to explore future co-operation.
If you want to register for some regular working meetings online and to access the digital library of the Network, you can send an e-mail to Christoph Altmann firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you find this e-information useful and I encourage you to register with Christoph, to inform me about novelties, to send in request or ideas for future events.